Welcome to my stop on the Christian Living Bible Study series! I am so happy to share with you this series of Bible Study books by Trina Bresser Matous. These are simple to read but provide such a wealth of information. Read on to learn more about the two books currently out and to find out where you can buy yours!
Let’s face it – reading the Bible can be a daunting task. Understanding verses often requires a great deal of study, prayer, and meditation. But don’t loose heart! God reveals His Word to those who earnestly seek Him (Jer. 29:13).
Begin discovering the riches of The Epistles of James, Peter, and Jude, designed to assist you in your relationship with God. The Epistles will help you understand difficult passages and shed new light on familiar verses. You will gain an appreciation for statements made within the confines of ancient cultural practices.
Each chapter includes:
• Background – context for the current chapter
• Overview – definitions, description of ancient cultural practices, and passages explained
• Insights – application to life today, thought provoking questions for personal meditation and for small group discussions.
This chapter-by-chapter study series works well as an individual devotional or as a study guide in a group setting.
As you learn more about the history and purpose of each verse, you will find yourself growing in wisdom, in knowledge and closer to God.
Let’s face it – reading the Bible can be a daunting task. Verses often require a great deal of study, prayer, and meditation in order to gain an adequate understanding. But don’t loose heart! God reveals His Word to those who earnestly seek Him (Jer. 29:13).
Paul’s Letters To The Early Church is designed to help you identify with and relate to the author. In this book you will read of the circumstances surrounding Paul’s writings, the setting, probable dates of origin, and his purpose for each letter. Certain sections are straightforward and easily understood. Other passages have been greatly debated over the centuries. But as you learn more about the history and purpose of each verse, you will find yourself growing in wisdom and knowledge.
Below are a few small group study recommendations.
- Remember that God’s Word is called the Living Word because God continually reveals new insights. Your insights from a passage may be different someone else. This is okay.
- Don’t be discouraged if your knowledge of the Bible and understanding of the text does not seem as comprehensive as someone else’s. God is pleased to reveal Himself anytime we open His Word.
- Do be encouraged that as you continue to read, pieces will fit together, new understandings will surface and revelations will emerge.
Begin discovering the riches of the Bible with this chapter-by-chapter study series.